Sunday, February 7, 2010

My loser friend reckons that golf is not a sport is this statement true?

he wants to know why squash is not in the sports column lolMy loser friend reckons that golf is not a sport is this statement true?
Yes it is a sport. Last time I checked, Pro golfers were considered athletes. I get more tired after I golf, than after I run.My loser friend reckons that golf is not a sport is this statement true?
Of Course Golf And Squash Are sports they are just alternitive sports
it's like soccer. just barely a sport.
Golf isnt a sport. Whack the ball...get in the cart. Whack the ball...get in the card. Honestly. In soccer, people run for an hour and a half to two hours. In Golf, you are lucky if they walk a few miles.
When you actually play golf, like in high school or college, you HAVE to walk to nine or eighteen holes that you are playing that day. You also have to constantly work on changes in you swing, and know how the weather will affect how the ball moves. It takes a lot of practice. It is also a mental sport too because you have keep your spirit up if you're having a bad day. You usually don't have teammates that help cheer you up throughout a meet. Golf is a sport, though is not as extremely physical as soccer and basketball.
Has your buddy ever played and walked a 7,200 yard course in the summer? If one isn't in shape, one might not make it. That's a minimum 4+ mile walk as the crow flies, not counting transitions. It takes alot of physical strength and ability to play golf.
Golf is a sport that has made many people RICH.





Perhaps you answered the question with ';loser friend';. He sounds like a loser.
Dude, I saw a hot dog eating contest on ESPN yesterday. They'll call anything a sport nowadays!
It is a sport, though it doesn't involve body contact or doesn't make the players sweat like the other sports.
Oh for sure.





Put it like this. I'm a 3 handicap golfer, and I can tell you I eat like a horse, and golf is the only exercise I do. If I didnt play golf, I'd be the size of a house. After a half hour on the range, regardless of weather, I'm sweating, hard. Same for after a round of golf. I'm fit and healthy, but if your trying to hit a golf ball 280 yards plus for 4 1/2 hours, you're gonna be pooped. I hit that thing damned hard. Tell him to try it. He'll find that not only is it kinda tough (laugh at him for not being able to get it in the hole in less than fifteen shots) but at the top level the pros work out everyday just two maintain a their level of consistency. They dont do it for fun. They do cos if they didnt they'd fall behind. Thats the ultimmate proof, the fitter you are, the better you play.





Happy golfing
Golf is as much of a sport as fishing and bowling are. Squash is not in the sports column because they sell newspapers by giving information to people that they care about... and aparently squash doesn't make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment