Friday, February 5, 2010

How many of you believe thgat cheerleading is a true sport?

I have been a cheerleader for about 9 years, and I am growing tired of people saying it is a horrible sport. I'd like to see three football players put up another football player the exact same size. What we do is not only bring spirit for a crowd, but expert stunts and dances that are correographed by proffesionals. We are expert gymnists and skilled dancers. So I was wondering if you agreed with me that competitive cheering is a definate sportHow many of you believe thgat cheerleading is a true sport?
My daughter was a cheerleader in high school... I can tell you from experience, Hell Yes it is a sport. If you don't believe it is, look at the acrobatics that they do, the jumps, the general physicality of cheer leading. The cheer leading associations have a lot of competitions and as you go up from Jr high to college, you can see the sportsmanship of these young folks.How many of you believe thgat cheerleading is a true sport?
I totally agree. Cheering is more than a sport! Think about it, Cheerleaders are not only good gymnasts, they also have dance moves. That's two in one! Gymnastics can be very demanding and takes a TON of skill. Dance also has to be worked at. I say Cheerleading deserves to be called a sport AND why isn't it listed under the sports category here in yahoo answers???
I never thought it was a sport I thought it was a dance.
i think it is because cheerleaders have to do hard work to get where they are good
i think it is. i like it because of the girls. i mean you do something i think they sould get paid if they don't now.


Go vikings!!!
I guess you are right. As long as you are the girl holding the other girl. It's like gymnastics in a way.
I'm not a cheerleader and never have been, but I can see how it is a sport. You need to be skilled in gymnastics and dancing, you need to have stamina, you need to be fit, and you need to be able to balance.
im a football player and we could defintly put up another player but i would hav to say cheerleading is defintly a sport because u help cheer us up (especially the hot 1's) and ive even seen cheerleading on espn sp yes all the way.
Perhaps you shouldn't call it cheerleading.





There is an image of cheerleading as five or six girls in short skirts and pompom, going ';Rah, Rah/Sis Boom Bah/Hip Hooray and/Cha-cha-cha';





What you are doing is far more involved than simple chants, but you need to distance yourself from that image.





Perhaps Competitive Enthusiasm.
I'd say its a sport because you need to be real fit to be a cheerleader and you guys do all this flexible stuff. I think the sport is used to much to be ';popular';. The cheerleader girls at my school are anything but popular. Overall its a sport =)
I do my niece is 11 and has been in it for 4 years now and she takes dance, tumbling goes to training camps , and has practice 4 times a week
gymnastics yes. dancing yes. cheerleading no. it says so in its name.. you are leading cheers.. since when has leading anything been a sport? I've been bowling for almost 3 years seriously now.. yes I do it competitively.. and it bugs me when someone says its a sport. I take it very seriously and worked very hard to get where I am but it is still not a sport. why is there such a need to participate in some kind of a sport that people will label anything as a sport? yea its hard work and u deserve credit for being a hard worker and very dedicated.. but its not a sport.
haha hate me for this but i use to think cheerleading was sooo stupid. but i was really ignorant. it was just because a lot of the cheerleaders i knew were really mean and i just wanted to make them angry but i also knew some really nice ones too later on and i realized how stupid i was. it's such a hard sport having to have a lot of energy and being so flexible. it's gymnastics and like weightlifting combined.
it is NOT a sport, get over it, play a real sport like soccer or somthing else where u dont have to make sure you look pretty before u enter the field.
unless you are a skilled varsity cheerleader, mayb not even then can u say that u are expert gymnasts. you cant even spell it right. ive bin a gymnast all my life, and ive seen cheerleaders, ya sum are absolutly fantastic, they can pull out a double back and even a full or 2, but for most cheerleaders all i see is bent knees and horrible form, not to mention that you use ur perkyness to get the guys, which is a whole 'nother subject.





im srry to sound rough, but thats where i stand. i do have friends that are competitve cheerleaders, but i cant say that what they do is an acctuall sport.
hahahahahahahahaha
I use to think that way, but I was at my best friends house on day and got a serious reality check. Her little sister is a cheerleader, and she was trying to teach me some stuff. I'm an athletic person, and it's hard.


Trust me, I agree with you, cheerleading IS a true sport!
I never knew it was a sport





I always thought it was SUPPORT not a sport your missing up





Yeah so then what is drill team





they are usally thick and not fit and can still do flips and splits
No Cheerleading is not a Sport. Your Cheering, not playing a sport. All the 'competitions' you may have are meaningless, since there's no actual game to cheer. If you guys consider yourselves 'expert' gymnist and 'skilled' dancers. Why didnt you join the gymnasitcs team, or gotten a job at your local table dance. Competitive Cheering is meaningless HOBBIE.
I do think it is!
My Nephew in Law thinks it is He has all of the Cheerleading movies!
I do believe that you must be talented to be a good cheerleader, but I do not see it as a sport. I see a sport as using your skills against your opponent. To me football, basketball, track is sport.
Like totally!

No comments:

Post a Comment